My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Fourth Day of Training

The Fourth Day of Training was spent on doing pretrip, enroute, and posttrip inspections along with driving around town, 30 miles or more of freeway driving, and rural road driving. We worked on shifting gears, driving in traffic, and turns. We were broken down to where we had a ratio of 2 to 3 drivers per trainer.

I ground a few gears but am sure the grinding will go away once I get better at it. I need more practice on the turns as well. The freeway was not bad at all. I was able to set the cruise control on for a while going down the freeway and just enjoy the ride.

The spring breaks were set once on myself and once on my training partner by the instructor. In both cases it was warranted.

Tomorrow we go out solo with the trainer for half a day and spend the other half day in the simulators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home