My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fighter Pilot

I was traveling through Florida when the fires were going on and you could barely see the vehicles around you. I wear a CPAP(Constant Pressure on the Airway Passage) machine due to sleep apnea because I stop breathing for over two minutes at a time while sleeping, which can be hazardous to your health. Well, the smell of the smoke was more than I could stand, so I pulled over and put my mask over my face and started my CPAP machine. The CPAP has a micronics filter to remove minute particles from the air. This made it possible for me to breathe fresh air and drive without the aggravation of the pollutants being put into the air from the burning trees, brush, and whatever else was burning. I am sure that those who may have saw me was wondering why I was wearing a mask, but I doubt many people saw me as the visibility was pretty bad. I looked like a fighter pilot with an oxygen mask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home