My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, April 22, 2007

What a place to sit!

Passing through Missouri on my way to Texas I stopped near a little town called Cuba off I-44 to use the restroom. It was one of those small truck stops and it was pouring down rain. After going into the place and making a U Turn in the parking lot I decided to park under the awning in an attempt to stay dry. Well that did not last long. The attendant came out and told me that I had to move my truck because she could not see any of her pumps to authorize. I got back into the truck and pulled forward to clear the pumps so she could see them. If I had thought about it, I would have pulled under the awning at the other end of it. That way she could have seen her pumps and I could have stayed dry while going to/from the restroom.

I got into the restroom and could not believe what I saw. Now I wish I had taken a picture to post on my blog. Hind sight is always better than fore sight it seems. There was a guy sitting in one of the urinals that hangs from the wall. He was sound a sleep or passed out, just sitting there as comfortable as can be. He was leaning back into the urinal, using the back of it as a chair back and his cell phone was laying on the sink counter top next to him.

I proceeded to use the urinal next to him, all the while watching him to make sure that he did not wake up and make any brash abrupt movement to harm me. I then washed my hands and laughed while leaving the restroom. When I got back out into the store area of the gas station, the attendant had a big smile on her face. I asked her if she knew about the guy sitting on the urinal in the restroom and she said yes and that she had called the police. The police arrived about the same time that I was walking out the door. When they came in I laughed again and told them what I had seen in the restroom.

I left right after talking to the officer and have no idea what they did with the guy, but I am sure it was an interesting turn of events. I would not want to put a guy into my cruiser who had his back against a urinal and his butt sitting in the bottom of the urinal.

I never thought of trying to sit in a urinal like that nor did I ever think I would see someone sitting in one. I am sorry that I did not think about taking a picture. It would have been priceless.

I am sure I will see many more things that are not imaginable while traveling across this great land of ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home