My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Thought I Had Seen It ALL

Until I saw a big rig driving east bound in the right hand lane of west bound I-80, about 60 miles into Pennsylvania from Ohio. I could not believe my eyes. It was about 5 in the morning and I looked over to the other side of the freeway, and there was an eighteen wheeler driving in the same direction that I was, but it was on the other side of the highway.

This made for some very interesting conversation on the CB radio as we alerted the west bound traffic to move into their "Granny Lane" so they would not hit the opposing truck in their "Hammer Lane". (The Granny Lane is the slow lane and the Hammer Lane is the passing lane.)

"How do you do that?"

"Oh my God!"

"Maybe he has a death wish?"

"The first clue you were going the wrong way would be all the headlights coming at you."

"You would think the fact that none of the signs were facing where you could read them would be a good sign too, not to mention the yellow line being on your right and not left."

"Did he make a U Turn?"

"Maybe he is a foreign driver and could not read the ramp entrance signs?"

"WHERE THE HE** IS THIS IDIOT?!"

A couple of cops entered the freeway at exit 62 heading west bound to go after the fool. I would like to have heard the conversation once they stopped the truck. I wonder what the explanation was.

If you remember, it was a truck that went onto I-71 in Kentucky in the wrong direction that killed a bus load of school children back in 1988.

I hope I never see anything like that again, but I know it will happen again, some time, some place. Hopefully, it will never happen where the vehicle going the wrong direction ends up in front of me.

Be careful out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home