My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ninth Day of Training

The Ninth Day of Training consisted of trip planning and Hazardous Materials training. The day was short. We were let out at 1:30 today.

A couple of us went to Walmart and picked up enough bottled water and food supplies to last us the rest of this week.

We also visited the Green Bay Operations Center (OC) for Schneider. I picked up a trailer hitch cover plate from the OC that has a flag with a head of an eagle on top of it and Schneider National on the bottom. This will go on the back of my Ford F350. I also bought a Schneider hat and a Schneider coffee mug that lights up when you sit it down.

This afternoon I worked on more of my homework and then took a dip in the pool and got into the hot tub.

Now I am back in the room, updating this blog and getting ready to head to bed.

I have been getting up around 4 AM CDT every day. Only five more days to have to do that.

I am so ready for a day off and a break.

This is kind of like basic training all over again but without the strictness and military mind set, and not as long. At least here, I am still in contact with the world and what is going on. When I went through basic training I had no contact with the outside world for 6 weeks.

We have lost about 20% of our class. People who were not committed enough to stick it out to the end of the training and/or decided driving a truck is not what they really wanted to do. Some of them were just not able to understand the material that was presented to them and could not translate it into practical use.

My room mate decided to give up and move on to something else. So now I have the room to myself.

Well, time to get off to bed. 4 AM comes awful early.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wbuxpegmRick, I enjoy reading your blog. We miss you and hope to see you this weekend for some camping and relaxation.

Monday, August 7, 2006 at 8:58:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home