My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Squeaky Clean!

While passing through the West Memphis Operating Center this past week I was able to get my tractor washed finally. They had a free tractor wash at the Operating Center. I had been trying to figure out how/when I could get my tractor washed without having to pay for it myself. After all, it is not my truck, it belongs to the company, so they should pay to wash it and keep it clean. I did pay to wash the white Kenworth tractor a while back but could not get reimbursed for it. After that, I vowed never to wash the tractor again unless the company paid for it.

You would think they would want to keep it clean in order to keep their image up, let alone keep the salt and dirt from eating away at the frame, mechanical parts, and body.

The picture above was taken shortly after washing the tractor. In addition to washing it, I cleaned the windows, mirrors, swept all of the dirt out of the cab, and mopped the floor. I slept comfortably that night, knowing that I was in a clean truck for a change, which is the way I would like for it to be all the time!

You will notice there is a white trailer to the left of my tractor in the picture above. This should let you know that not all trailers are orange. They also have different colors of tractors, ranging in as many colors as other vehicles come in, even though the majority of the tractors and trailers are orange.

The picture below was taken at night.













0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home