My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Interesting Signs

Driving along I-26 in North Carolina I came across an exit that got my attention. The sign said "Bat Cave". It was off exit 49 where US-64 crosses I-26. It was not the Batman and Robin bat cave, but nonetheless it made me think about Alfred, Batman/Bruce Wayne(Adam West), Robin(Burt Ward), the batmobile and the bat cave. Memories of childhood.

Not much farther down the road I encountered another sign that made me think of my school days, "Carl Sandburg Home, National Historic Site". This was at exit 53 off I-26 in North Carolina.

Oh, if I had the time. I am tucking all of these places away for further investigation/visiting when I retire, still hoping that we will be able to afford the motor home that we have dreamed of for so long so we can travel this great country of ours and visit these places.

When I mention what I want to do when I retire to other truckers they think I am crazy because that is all they do out here is travel the country. All they want to do is settle down in a home and stay on one place when they retire. Not me, I want to change the view out of my windows frequently. Maybe not as frequently as I am doing as a truck driver, but I still want to do it.

I can understand someone who has been driving all of their life wanting to settle into one location to retire, but I want my wife to be able to see the country with me and at a much slower pace than driving a truck. I want to take the time to meet/greet the people when we stop, not just smile at them and then move on down the road.

Off to reading more signs and finding more interesting places.

Smile, it increases your face value.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home