My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What is your average day like?

An excerpt from a newsletter sent out from my financial adviser reflects the following:

"Based on interviews with about 13,000 individuals, the Bureau of Labor Statistics recently reported that the average weekday for persons employed full-time and who worked on that day included: 9.3 hours working, 7.6 hours sleeping, 3.0 hours doing leisure and sports activities, and 0.9 hour doing household activities. The remaining 3.2 hours were spent in other activities, such as eating and drinking, attending school, and shopping."

This obviously does not include the truck driving work force who work 14 hour days and have only 10 hours to eat, sleep, shower, and then do what ever other activities they have time for. I am told that the expected sleep time for a driver is at least 4 hours mimimum out of the 10 hour break, so if they sleep more than 4 hours they lose time for other activities. I normally sleep at least 5 if not six hours.

Goes back to that old saying, "If you snooze, you lose".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rick,
Glad you said that was people on the mattress. It looked like two brown dogs to me! I thought their owners really loved them:)
Love ya
Sis Mary

Friday, July 27, 2007 at 5:35:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home