My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sign, Sign, Every Where a Sign...

On my way back into Ohio from Pennsylvania on I-80 recently I almost pulled the truck over and parked it in the break down lane. Ohio has been replacing the signs along the interstate and the process has an identical sign with new posts right in front of the old ones. I thought I was seeing double. I was not tired, but was worried my eyes were messing with me. I finally realized it was actually a new sign in front of an old one. Even though this worried me, I thought about the 50 year old signs in New England that you cannot even read any more, and wondered why they were not replacing them.

More recently, while traveling back into Indiana from Illinois on I-70, I found myself in another delima, a sign that said it was 75 miles to Indianapolis while one mile down the road a sign said it was 76 miles to Indianapolis. I know that one mile does not make a difference, but hey, is it one mile or two? I mean if the first sign said it was 75 miles and the second sign, a mile down the road said it was 76 miles, isn't that two miles? I mean I was getting closer to Indianapolis as I was traveling east on I-70, or was I not getting closer? The signs made me wonder.

Here is a picture of the signs so you can help me figure it out.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home