My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Wind Generated Electricity


This is a picture of windmills that generate electricity. This particular group of windmills are located just inside the Illinois state line from the north. I took the picture from a rest area called, "Willow Creek". These windmills are showing up across the country where there is a lot of wind on a regular basis. The generators are as big if not bigger than a semi truck with a trailer attached. The generator is the section in the middle of the windmill. This should give you some perspective on how big the blades are on the windmill. I saw a group of these windmills when I went through Wyoming on my way to California last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home