My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Monday, August 07, 2006

Tenth Day of Training

The Tenth Day of Training was a full day of driving along with parking. Yep, if you drive one of those big rigs you just have to be able to park it! We practiced several methods of parking including 45 and 90 degree angle parking. We drove around the country side and in town practicing turns left and right. We also went out onto the four lane highways and drove.

I guess Green Bay Packers had a practice game between their offense and defense this past weekend. It was all over the news up here. I guess it gives them good practice, but as my instructor said, "Who do you think is going to win?".

I thought I would add another tidbit of info onto this blog. When I was young and going into the Air Force I wanted to be a pilot but I was not able to be because of my glasses. So another reason for getting into driving a truck is the similarity to being a pilot, it is just two dimensional instead of three.

I did do a lot of work on avionic navigation/communication equipment on military aircraft during my eight years of military service in the Air Force, including weather and beacon radar and IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) equipment.

Four more days and I will be outta training!

Woo hoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home