My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Monday, December 25, 2006

Where Am I?

During my travels I have noticed one very annoying fact. Most cities/towns do not announce their presence on the interstates as they do on the major two lane highways and roads leading into their corporation. While you can read the signs that say it is so many miles to the next city or the one after that, unless you watch your odometer and pay close attention, you will be in the middle of the city wondering which city you are in.

I have a novel idea, taken from the practices of the past and the other roads coming into the cities/towns, have the cities place signs on the interstate roads that lead into them, letting travelers know they have entered into their great city or town.

States sure have no problem letting you know when you are entering into a new state. If you miss the huge sign welcoming you, then you learn real quickly that you are are leaving one state and entering another, either by the Welcoming Centers or the Weigh Stations on each side of the state lines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home