My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Two and a half million people?

Toronto, Ontario. Yea, that is what the sign said on the Toronto sign off the highway in Canada when I arrived in Toronto, Ontario on Wednesday night, July 18th. I had to do a double take when I saw the figure. The rest of the cities I passed by had figures like 30,000, or 190,000, or 130,000, but the 2,480,000 number on the Toronto sign just blew my mind. All I could think of was wall to wall people, stacked on top of each other. Now I am really curious. How many people are there in New York City?

This was the second time I had been in/through Toronto, Ontario since I have been driving for Schneider, but I did not notice the population sign before.

I did stop at a Service Area near Woodstock and ordered one of their Baconater combo meals. I used my debit card since I would have gotten my change in Canadian dollars if I used American dollars to pay for it.

I have to say that I don't think there are any nice Custom's agents when returning to the US. The last time and this time I returned to the US I was treated rudely but I kept face and smiled and was very polite.

The Canadian agents have always been nice to me. Why are the US agents always so rude?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home