My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Friday, August 17, 2007

Statistics for my year of driving

I have logged a grand total of 111,133 miles driving a semi-tractor/trailer during my first year. At this rate it will take me nine years to get to a million miles.

My average monthly logged mileage is 9,801 miles. The least miles I have driven in a day is 9 and the most miles I have driven in a day is 681.

I can drive from New York City to Dayton, Ohio in eleven hours.

It is easier for me to list the states and cities that I have not driven in/near than it is for me to list all of the states/cities that I have driven in/near. There are eight states that I have not driven a semi in now:

Washington, Oregon, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Arizona, Maine, and Idaho.


I am in my third tractor since I started driving. The first tractor leaked rain through the windshield so badly it had to be replaced, the second tractor reached the magic mileage to retire it, and the tractor I am in now is hanging in there, but I don't know for how long.

Driving in a car is a piece of cake for me now. I have so much room left over in my lane when I am driving a car that I don't know what to do with it all. I even feel that way when I drive my Ford F-350 dual rear wheel pick up truck.

I just renewed my Commercial Drivers License (CDL) since they used the expiration date from my personal drivers license when I got my first CDL. Now my license will be good for four more years. I also took the test for double and triple trailers and had it added to my CDL. I "Aced" my HAZMAT test.

After I took my tests, I tried to get my CDL renewed but the BMV system was down. I decided to drive from Huber Heights where I had taken my tests, down to Centerville, which is close to where I live, to see if the BMV system would be back up and I could renew my CDL. When I got there, the system was up but it went down while I was waiting for them to process my license. I decided to leave and go back later in the day. When I returned, the system stayed up long enough for me to get my license renewed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home