My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Thursday, August 09, 2007

My Over The Road (OTR) Pet Peeves

Below is my list of pet peeves about driving OTR which I have developed after a year of driving a semi through this great country of ours and Canada.

  • Lack of Interstate/Highway Bridge Integrity
  • Lack of parking for Semi Trucks/Trailers
  • Rude Customs Officials
  • Slow Truck Stop Employees
  • Narrow Lanes
  • Orange Barrels and Pylons
  • Red Traffic Signals
  • Illogical Speed Zones
  • Speed Traps
  • Bear Packs (several cop cars) sitting in one Median
  • Slow, Heavy Trucks in Hammer Lane Going Uphill
  • One hour wait for a clean shower to be available
  • Pushy, Rude Drivers
  • Agricultural Check Points
  • Detours
  • Lack of road signs identifying road I am traveling
  • Lack of municipality, city corporation signs on interstate
  • Rush hour traffic
  • Metropolitan traffic
  • Clueless Merging Drivers
  • Drivers who don't shower
  • Rude Warehouse Receivers
  • Alley Dock Parking
  • Dropping/Hooking Trailers in Rainy, Hot or Freezing Weather
  • Two hour rest notification that shows up an hour or less from actual hard stop time
  • Paper Log Books
  • Work Load - It is either Feast or Famine
  • Pay -vs- Time At Home - More Pay means Less Time At Home and visa versa
  • Maintenance Scheduling
  • Breakdowns

That is all I have time for right now. If I think of more, I will update the list later. I will also create a list of favorable things about driving OTR the next time I log in. It is not ALL bad. There are good things about driving OTR.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home