My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Monday, September 17, 2007

Another Semi on its side!

I was driving along Interstate 57 North in Illinois, about the 12 mile marker when I saw another semi truck and trailer on its side. It apparently went across the median while traveling north into the south bound lanes and then landed on its left side across the south bound lanes with the tractor in the grass of the south bound side.

There were no skid lines, nor were there any marks in the median to show the truck had traveled across the median, but there were no skid lines on the south bound lanes either.

The driver must have fallen asleep while driving and more than likely did now wake up until it was too late to do anything to prevent the accident.

I have seen a lot of these lately. It really bothers me. If you are a driver reading this, please make sure you have plenty of rest before driving long distances, especially if you are a truck driver! It only takes a few minutes to take a power nap if you are feeling sleepy instead of pushing yourself to drive to make an appointment time. It is better to arrive alive and late than to not arrive at all, and the possible alternative.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is scary. How can they put the brakes on if need be?

Saturday, September 22, 2007 at 3:33:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home