My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Winter Training

I went through winter training at Gary, Indiana a couple of weeks ago. It consisted of information related to driving slower and more cautiously during the winter months. They also covered how to put snow chains on, cleaning the ice off the wheels, how to keep your brakes from freezing and how to unfreeze your brakes if they do freeze, and how to keep your tires from getting frozen in the ice after stopping for a rest break after driving for several hours.

After the training I was given a ticket to get a free meal at one of the operating centers and a voucher to get another pair of work boots. I picked up my work boots while I was in Charlotte, North Carolina. So now I have two pair of company issued work boots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home