My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Just Fix It, Please?

I have my truck in for maintenance, yet again. The problem is, no drive, means no pay. I only get paid when I drive. They may be putting me up in a hotel and paying for it, but my emotions are paying for it, overall.

I will not get paid for a rental car to go home, just the hotel room until my truck is fixed. I am told that they will not be able to even start working on it until Sunday evening, maybe, and most likely will not start working on it until Monday.

Who knows how long it will take them to fix it once they actually start working on it?

I had to take a stand and tell them the heater has to be fixed before winter sets in. I also wrote up the leaking windshield that leaks like a sifter. The water streams into the instrument panel when it rains. A couple of other minor things needed fixed, like lack of power to a 12 V socket, and a dim light not working in the sleeper.

In the meantime, at our personal expense, we decided to rent a car so I could go home to see my wife. While the company will pay to keep me in a hotel room, they will not pay for a rental car, even though the tractor will not be repaired until some time Monday or Tuesday. I would almost bet it will be more like Wednesday before I get it back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home