My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Spies Like Us

I recently had to stay overnight in a hotel while my truck was being repaired. As I was walking about the parking lot after parking my tractor I saw a shiny orange new looking Schneider tractor pulling in. I waved at the driver and he waved back, all cheerful and smiling. I walked up to him and asked if he thought were I parked my tractor was ok. He said it is fine there. My concern was about getting blocked in and not being able to get out in the morning. This individual had stayed at this particular hotel many times and assured me it would be fine parked where it was.

The gentlemen was an older black man and looked very sharp. He was all dressed up a long sleeved brown pressed shirt with many patches on it. He was a Schneider Training Engineer who travels around doing training at various operations centers through out the country.

He told me that when he saw me in my brown shorts, Scheider shirt, and looking all prim and proper, he thought I was part of Schneider management. This set us off into a very delightful conversation which I will remember for a long time to come.

He mentioned that he never knows when someone is going to be planted into one of his classes to make sure he is doing his job right and covering all of the material, so he makes sure he does everything by the book every time.

I found the gentlemen very communicable and humorous. I could just imagine what it would be like to sit in one of his classes one day. Perhaps I will?

I looked at his truck and pointed mine out to him explaining the problems I was having with it and that it had over 668,000 miles on it. He was surprised that the truck was being issued with that many miles on it, especially to pull national loads. I have enclosed a picture of his tractor below.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home