My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Rest Areas/Rest Rooms Please

I could hold back personal embarassing information but feel it is important to let those who are considering driving a truck for a living to know what they are in for. Rest areas and rest rooms are few and far between when you consider that you have to find a place where you can park that big rig safely before you can even consider getting out to go to the restroom.

One really bad area is US 78, which will become the new I-20, between Memphis, Tennessee and Birmingham, Alabama. There was not one rest area going east bound on this road.

I know that you have most likely heard about "Piss Bombs", where truckers fill up bottles with piss in them and then toss them out the window. Some states are considering a hefty fine for this. I could never think of using a bottle and then tossing it out the window.

One thing that I have decided however, is that if states cannot provide sufficient rest areas where trucks can park to relieve themselves, is that I will pull off at one of the exits and then park on one of the "ON" ramps in order to take care of mother nature. Given a choice of letting go in my pants or letting it out, I can guarantee you that my choice is to let it out some place.

Don't get me wrong, I do use rest areas and truck stops when available. I just have to say that mother nature carries the law in that department, and when mother nature speaks, I listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home