My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

Truck Stop Happenings

There are some amazing things that go on at truck stops. The most recent of these was when I pulled into a truck stop before I got to Lakeland, Florida. There was a lady advertising no the CB truckers channel for cleaning your truck. I did not hear the advertisement before I actually saw her in action working her tail off cleaning windows and wheels for another trucker who was parked in the truck stop. My first thought was that she was a lady trucker just cleaning her truck. Boy was she going at it. Keep in mind that this is the season for love bugs on the gulf coast, so she had her work cut out for her.

Later, I heard her advertise on the CB truckers channel. The guy parked next to me took her up on the offer and she cleaned his windshield. He paid her, but was not satisfied with her inability to remove all of the love bug residue from his windshield.

Later that day, straight across from me in another parking spot, I saw a sight that I had never seen before. A tanker trucker had parked there. There were about a half dozen black people sitting on top of his truck, hanging on the side of his truck, and working from the ground, cleaning his truck, along with the lady who was advertising to clean trucks. I did hear the lady call the tanker driver on the CB when he was arriving at the truck stop. Apparently she had cleaned his truck before and wanted to know if he wanted it cleaned again this time. Little did I know that I was going to get a show out of it. It was hilarious, watching all of these people cleaning his truck, drinking beer while cleaning, and just the general body language and communications that was going on.

I have never ran across any lot lizards, but have heard about them. I keep my eyes open to make sure I never become a victim of a robbery and/or any lot lizards. One trucker told me that lot lizards is mostly talk. He had been in the business for years and has never been approached by a lot lizard. I will be sure to share, if I ever do run across one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home