My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Rest Area off Beaten Path

I ran across a rest area off I-10 in Florida near mile marker 160 that was well off the beaten path. Instead of the normal off the road and return as most of them are, this one must have been tucked a quarter of a mile back off the southern side of the interstate and was shared by both the east and west bound sides. As I kept driving around a long and winding road that crossed both the west and east bound sides, I kept wondering where I was going. You can find it between Marianna and Tallahassee just after exit 160 and before the weigh station when traveling westbound. There was a huge parking area for trucks and cars and the walk to the relieving areas (restrooms) seemed just as long a walk as the drive. Since Florida does not believe in having many truck stops, I will keep this rest area in mind for possible future use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home