My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ambassador Bridge - Detroit

Recently I had the opportunity to drive around Lake Ontario on my way towards Toronto to pick up a relay load from our operations center at Guelph, Ontario. I entered into Canada via Buffalo and Nigara Falls area and came back into the US via the Ambassador Bridge in Detroit. I went across this bridge in the dark. I am not sure how I would have handled it during the day because it was already freaky enough in the dark. All trucks had to stay in the right hand lane and they placed pylons on the road inside the lines of the right hand lane. Well, not to mention that lane was narrow and the edge of the bridge where there was deep water, was too close for comfort. Not to mention that I have this big truck that I had to keep inside these pylons and the edge of the bridge. It was nerve racking and very scarey, but I made it across the bridge safely. One day I am sure I will have to cross it in the day time. It will be interesting to see how high it really is, and having crossed it in the dark, I should be able to cross it in the daylight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi rick! cool blog. i've bookmarked it. drive safe & hope u r able to get ur truck through an oc soon. after seeing the pick of ur ford f-350, i can u tell u like trucks /w some power! u can mail me at nytezero@mac.com.

Friday, October 27, 2006 at 10:43:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home