My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Safe Track

I was on my way into my home operations center to get my truck worked on and was advised that they wanted to do a "Safe Track" check on me. Well, I had no idea what this "Safe Track" thing was about. My mind was more on getting my truck fixed. It had so many things wrong with it.

I went through the "Safe Track" check which was a basic review of the processes/procedures that was taught during the original training program to make sure that I was still doing the things the way I was taught to do them. I did fine on everything except for the coupling/uncoupling of the trailer. While I did everything I was supposed to do, I did not do them in the sequence that they wanted me to do them in. So I had to go back and do the coupling/uncoupling procedure a few days later in order for me to be cleared and signed off by an official.

Once I was evaluated I was told that I would be passed on to another Service Team Leader (STL). I asked my current STL if that was the case and he indicated it was true. My STL indicated that I have been doing everything the way it was supposed to be done and therefore could be passed on from the 90 day evaluation period and his team to a new STL.

I met my new STL on my birthday and was also issued an orange truck since my white one was going to be in repair for a while. They may or may not be able to fix the white one, but the white one is history for me now. I am now driving a Freighliner and will miss the Kenworth. I was just getting used to it. Now I have to get used to a different truck. I spent all day just moving my personal belongings from one truck to the other. I still have things to put back into the truck in the morning from my hotel room.

I was put into "Breakdown Pay" since my truck was in repair and I did not have one to drive. I turned my white truck in just before midnight on Friday and was stuck into a hotel room where I stayed until Wednesday morning. I will be reimbursed for the hotel room and get $80 per day for the breakdown period.

It is back on the road again starting at 8 AM on Wednesday.

Stay tuned for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home