My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Here's your SIGN!!!

Here are a couple of stories that will make you want to hand out one of those "Jeff Foxworthy" signs to the people in the stories I am sharing with you now about what I see while driving down the road.

Off to the right side of the road. At one location a four wheeler (trucker's term for cars) decides to pull off the road onto the berm and throw his door open, oblivious to the fact there is a semi truck that I am driving coming down the road in the lane that he just pulled out of. Fortunately the lane next to me was clear and I was able to move over to the left in order to miss his door.

Near a rest area, before the off ramp, two cars were pulled over and about 30 people were huddling around these two cars, not paying attention to the amount/type of traffic going down the freeway only about five feet from where they were huddling.

A car was disabled in the median, just off the express lane, the back of the car barely off the road. Two men were walking about in the median, however the woman that was with them was wandering around in the express lane on a busy freeway.

An elderly lady and gentleman were driving in the lane next to me for quite some time on the interstate when all of a sudden I notice the care starting over to my lane. We were side by side, so how the lady driving could not see me, I have no idea. I proceeded to pull my air horn while taking evasive action, manuevering into the birm in order to keep from hitting them. They kept coming over into my lane. Why couldn't they hear my air horn nor see me? Luck have it, by some small miracle, she finally realized that she was on a collision course with a much larger vehicle and decided to pull back into her lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home