My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What's for Dinner?

One of the things I learned early on was to carry an ample supply of food in the truck in case I was not able to get to a place to eat. Not to mention that it is much cheaper to have your own food to eat from than to "eat out" all the time. I purchased a 12 volt Coleman cooler that keeps refrigerated items chilled so they will not spoil. I load it up with lunchmeat, milk, cheese, left overs from home, and candy bars. I have to have my chocolate. I plan on buying one of the vegetable trays to break down into plastic bags to take with me the next time I head out.

I also keep boxes of cereal, canned meat, soups, crackers, chips, beef jerky, mixed nuts, bread, pop(soda) and water on hand. A lot of these things were normal for us to take camping with us all the time, so we had a lot of it on hand already from our camper when I started driving. It does not take much to resupply it when my supply runs down.

When it comes around to breakfast time, I usually have boiled eggs that we cooked at home that I put into the 12 VDC fridge, cereal, banana nut bread, and/or donuts.

Sometimes I get so wrapped up on my schedule and meeting my delivery times that I forget to eat. Then at times I will just grab some crackers, jerky, chips, or something else to munch on along the way.

I have lost 30 pounds since I have started driving. Not bad considering I was getting pretty heavy. My clothes fit better and I feel much more comfortable now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

30 pounds? Wow, Rick, that is great!!! Sounds like you are getting used to life on the road. It sounds like you have everything you need for snowy weather. I like the "pumpkin truck." The white truck looked newer though. Do you get to listen to music when you drive? Take care. Love ya. Sis

Friday, November 3, 2006 at 4:26:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home