My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Fourteenth Day of Training

Graduation Day!

The Fourteenth Day of Training was graduation day! We took the final exam, which I got a 94% on and then we went through a bunch of paperwork to get our personnel file set up. We received CommCards which we can use at ATMs to get cash out when needed and to fuel the trucks with as needed. We also got our boots that we are required to wear while on duty to protect our feet.

We received several other briefings throughout the day related to safety, logging, and what to expect during the next couple of weeks of training. We will go through 7 - 10 days of on the road training with a training engineer and then go through a skills qualification test (SQT). Once this is done we take our CDL test to get our license. When we get our license a tractor will be issued to us and then we will begin hauling freight on our own.

I hook up with my Training Engineer (TE) tomorrow and start the on the road training. My first trip will be into Pennsylvania. My TE said we would be out on the road through Friday and will return home for the weekend.

Keep watching as I plan on continuing to update this blog with all of my experiences as a truck driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home