My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Third Week of Training

The Third Week of Training involved hooking up with my Training Engineer and extending my learning in the practical sense with actual customer delivery runs along with everything involved with examing/driving the tractor/trailer prior to/after the runs.

We met up near Mansfield, Ohio where he lives and made two runs to the east coast and back, one near the state border of Pennsylvania and Delaware and the other to New Jersey. My driver training has taken me through Ohio into Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey now, so my email signature blocks will include the following maps that will be filled in as I drive the semi tractor in each state and province. For those who receive emails from me, watch the map as I begin to color in the states and provinces.















My Training Engineer (TE) is really a cool neat person. He used to be a Dallas police detective and is very knowledgeable. He retired from the police department and then started driving a truck. He indicated that he has trained folks from all walks of life and professions to become truck drivers, including pilots.

I have one more week with my TE and then I will move onto Skills Qualification Training (SQT) to prepare to take my Commercial Drivers License (CDL) test in the state of Ohio. SQT lasts one week. The CDL is scheduled at the end of the SQT.

Stay tuned. More to come as time warrants!

:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home