My Truck Driving Experiences

Gather round while I share my experiences traveling across the US and Canada in a Semi-Truck.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States

Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007

The holidays are over and everyone is back to work. Well, almost everyone. I ended up running a couple of deliveries for other dedicated accounts because some of their drivers were let go. Since the peak season is over the drivers were no longer needed. It is so nice to be so expendable. I guess when I get to a point where I am making more money again, someone will look at me and say, gotta get rid of the money makers, they are costing us too much money.

It is not only the drivers, other positions in corporations around the country are being axed. No job is safe any more. If you think it is, it is only a figment of your imagination. Enjoy it while you can, because sooner or later, your number is coming up.

Despite the gloomy outlook I am sharing, I would like to wish everyone a happy and prosperous new year. Good luck and keep your head low.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rick! Chin up. The people who are hired on during the holidays know that it is only temporary due to the big influx of orders during the holiday season. You are not one of them. Enjoy life, it is too short....Love ya,
Sis Mary

Monday, January 8, 2007 at 3:12:00 PM EST  
Blogger RickSmith said...

Sisters. What would we do without them?

Monday, January 8, 2007 at 9:17:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home